I was unaware of the hurtful affect it had on people I love dearly until just today.
While writing, I went to great effort to make sure I was saying what I wanted to say in the most respectful way possible. And while my feelings remain unchanged, and while I don't find what I wrote to be disrespectful or offensive, I have removed it. Because there are a lot of people I love. People that I don't want to be sad. People that have already been sad because of my impossible choice to cast off the shackles that bound me...
and, I'm afraid, although I have indeed lost those shackles, I could never have known what more I would lose. Could not have even imagined it. How could I guess that even now, more than four years after that impossible choice, that I would still lose such precious things?
The losing has been worth it, of course. But that doesn't make it less painful.

I did notice it was missing. And I think you did an very good job of stating your opinion without imposing your beliefs on anyone. You are allowed to say what you want, especially on your OWN blog. I love you. I hope things are okay! Sad this. Sorry. I'm always here if you need to talk!! Or vent. Or whatever!
ReplyDelete