This year has been pretty uneventful as far as years for us go.
The most notable thing, obviously, is that our sweet little Cal joined our happy family in July.
Guys, I was so worried. Isla was, I thought, the perfect most angelic little baby. She started sleeping through the night when she was five weeks old. Don't hate me. I don't know why she did it. She just did. I mean, I did a routine. That's my only trick. Bedtime routines. But everyone said some variation of---watch out. If your first baby is good, your next one will be a hooligan!
Um.
This little guy?
He just is so, so perfect.
and incredibly mellow.
and literally the most perfect baby.
And all I want to do is snuggle him all the dang time. Because he is cuddly.
And roly-poly
and chunky
and a little mover. He is barely five months and scooching right along.
I adore him and can't believe my luck. How did I get two perfect babies?
Please tell me I won't have to pay for their perfection now by having wild teenagers. I can't handle that. I can't. ;)
He wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes and starts giggling.
or just making funny noises. But not crying.
and he is pretty much happy without exception. He loves to eat. He loves his sister. She loves him, too.
So, life is uneventful and grand. We love our perfect babies, our happy, if a little uneventful, life, and each other. We have a roof over our heads, $ in the bank, jobs to go to, healthy little humans to snuggle with...and we couldn't ask for more. It's the simple things, and we are blessed with plenty of the simple things.
I know I didn't post a lot.
I'm busy. ;)
I can't promise that I will post more.
But if I don't, you'll still know. Life is good here in the frozen north and we couldn't be happier.
Happy Holidays!


No comments:
Post a Comment