I confess to the following:
-crying in the VP's office recently because one of my little hooligans who I love so much is making mistakes that I try so hard to help said hooligan avoid.
--being so completely and ridiculously pleased with my students' amazing brains that I called them geniuses on several occasions today.
--buying organic baby oatmeal and rice cereal because it makes me feel like a really super awesome mom even though I realize it's probably not that different from the non-organic stuff, and that love and quality time make me an awesome mom more than feeding Isla organic food does.
--judging people with bumpers in their cribs. SIDS, people. SIDS. (but the mesh ones are ok. I don't judge you for those.)
--laughing uncontrollably along with my students when one of them farted at the rug. I was continuing with the lesson and stifling the urge to laugh just fine until the culprit said, "I'm so sorry! I was just trying to swallow!" And then...I lost it. Which, judging from my students' delighted peals of laughter, makes farting a lot funnier than it already is.
--being completely and utterly appalled that a lot of people are justifying the City Creek Mall thing by saying it's a wise investment...to which I say....wth does a church need invesments for, anyway!? I also confess to being utterly perplexed by the phrase: "for-profit development arm of the church". Because I thought, for some reason, that church is supposed to be about...you know...loving people, and taking care of them, and oh, I dunno, Jesus?
--I also confess to being completely and utterly pleased, relieved, and happy that I do not belong to a church that spends more money on a mall than they have on Humanitarian Aid since 1985, which, to me, is morally inexcusable.
--finally, I confess to being on the brink of going nutso, because my sleeping-through-the-night-since-she-was-five-weeks-old baby has started waking up at night. frequently. which this working mama just is struggling with. Good thing I love that kid more than I love coca-cola, chocolate, and swedish fish combined. And then times infinity.
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment