Recent events:
- My baby brother is engaged.
- Not the brother I want to be engaged but I'll be ok.
- It's just that my other brother is older and my baby brother is so little. And my other brother is super happy with his significant other and I am a huge, huge fan of her and think she's perfect for him in every way.
-Not that I don't think that about my little brother's fiancee. I think she's swell, too! They are just so so young.
-And I worry. You know. Because statistics and everything. But I love my brother and it doesn't do any good to be grumpy and not supportive. So supportive I will be!
-Sorry about this weird list.
-I'm super pregnant.
-My doctor gave me very false hopes of going into labor early. I think his exact words at my 37 week appointment were, "Anytime now!"
-Isla and I came to stay with my mom and dad until the baby comes so I didn't have to travel three hours in labor.
-I thought I would be here for possibly a week but probably less.
-On Thursday it will be two weeks.
-Good thing my mom loves me.
-Good thing Isla adores "Fromma" and "Frafra". Haha. :)
-I had contractions ALL FLIPPING day yesterday. Really bad ones. That started in my back. Back labor blows.
-I finally went to the hospital. I didn't want to but they said I was in labor. I even drank 60 oz. of water and laid down on the couch for an hour and STILL had contractions, so I decided they must be right.
-Ty beat me to the hospital even though he drove 120+ miles to get there and I drove...like...four.
-He drove 100+ miles an hour until he hit commuter traffic. Cute panicked guy.
-As soon as I laid down, bam. No more contractions.
-Kill me.
-Walking around made them start right up again and I couldn't walk while they happened. So that was promising.
-Then the monitors killed them again.
-Kill me. I'm so ready to meet this little human!!!
-So we came back to my mom's house, big pregnant belly and all.
-And today I've had....like...maybe seven contractions. Total. All day. And that is with rocking and bouncing on an exercise ball, going for a long walk, and running up and down stairs. And drinking double strength red raspberry leaf tea. I haven't resorted to castor oil yet, but once I hit my due date....all bets are off.
-I GIVE UP.
-You win, baby.
-Baby Blair #2-1, Mom-0
I know I have nothing to complain about. Isla is loving this time with her grandparents--playing with their animals, running around in their giant yard (we have a big yard, too, but we live closer to the road and I have to worry more at our house), helping "Frafra" water the flowers...She is LOVING life. But I know she misses her bed because she keeps trying to sleep with me. She will wake up in her pack and play and stand up and say, "mama bed, pweez?!" and most of the time I'm so dang in love with her adorableness that I let her come sleep with me. Ty comes and sees us on the weekends but we sure miss him during the week! And I feel unproductive and lame since I basically do nothing all day except sit on the porch and watch Isla play. But I nap and she naps, and life could definitely be worse.
Today Ty stayed with me because we thought I would go into real labor for sure. But I didn't. Anyway, I bought a bag of swedish fish and Ty was munching on them. We went out to the porch and suddenly Isla ran out and said, "Hi Ma! Hi Dad!" (Yes, we are now mom and dad instead of Ty and Jo, FINALLY. Haha!) and I noticed she sure had a mouthful of something.
"Isla, say 'ah'?" I asked.
And sure enough, she opened wide "Ah!" and I saw a mouthful of swedish fish. I went inside to investigate. Ty had left them on the couch. There were swedish fish all over the living room, but the bag was nowhere to be found. Isla helped me clean up the mess and that's when I found the empty bag--in the garbage can. Haha! At least she cleans up after herself. ;)
So for now I will just be pregnant and chase Isla around my mom's and dad's house....and try not to get to impatient for this little one to arrive. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment