Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Saturday :)

Last night, I left school as soon as I could and went to get the mail keys from Ty, because we had two but he lost one. HE lost one. Not me. Even though I am notoriously losing keys.

I met him at the parking lot at the local ice arena, and after I kissed him and was walking back to the jeep with the mail keys, I flippantly hollered, "I don't want to cook dinner! Take me on a date!" ;)

Little did I know, he had already arranged to do just that! (I kind of felt like a brat when I found out after I had yelled that at him when I left the ice arena).

He had planned on taking me to see the vow, but we were driving quite aways and we didn't leave early enough. So we went to dinner, ran into an old friend (and her adorable son!) and saw a later movie--Safehouse.

Dinner was fantastic. Delicious. Mmmm mmm good. We'd never been but Ty had always wanted to eat there. I had salmon with this wonderful caper sauce (I had to look up capers when I got home, that's how un-fancy I am) and a baked sweet potato with fresh green beans on the side. Ty had steak, and I had a bite and it was really delicious steak. We ate right by that crackling fireplace, too! Lovely ambiance. And delicious creme brulee for dessert. We'll have to make sure we go back there. Classic Jackson Hole place, with lots of bison and wild game on the menu if you're into that! Check it out here


Safehouse kind of freaked me out. It was all CIA espionage-y and although it was good and I liked how it ended and I like spy-espionage movies, it was pretty violent. It was also basically our only option, though, and you can't go wrong with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds.

In other news, my very first parent-teacher conferences were this past week and although I was pretty nervous about them, they went really well. I was on maternity leave for my first conferences, so my sub did them. Life is pretty good in the work department, can't complain one iota!

And today, we have spent a lot of time cuddling our sweet little teething baby. I am not a fan of her growing up so fast. Tomorrow she will be exactly five months. Kill me! They tell you it goes fast but it is truly astonishing how incredibly fast that means.

I am sad that she is hurting, but glad that the hurting means tons of extra cuddling. I haven't gotten anything done all day and I don't care at all! I am happy to just sit in the rocking chair and rock the day away. I am glad that for now, cuddles can calm the hurt. I know someday that may not always be the case. Aren't those two cute? I am totally in love with them both.

So now I'm going to go hang out them. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment