Saturday, March 3, 2012

Smiles

Isla has the best smile.

She looks at things so intently, so studiously. I can never help but smile at her as she watches my face.

She stares and stares, and suddenly, before you know it:

Giant (mostly!) gummy grin. Boom. There it is.

She is still at the point where she's really free with all those smiles. Strangers will come up to us at the grocery store and talk and coo at her. She will intently study them, and just when they are about to give up, Tada! Grin grin grin.

About the only person she does not readily smile it is her Uncle Zachy, for reasons undiscovered as of late. She smirks at him, half-smiles. Raises an eyebrow. But somehow, no huge gummy grins. I think it has something to do with his not-so-nice-or-classy nickname for her, which we will leave out of this blog post. If you don't know my brother, you would think it was horrible. You would probably gasp in shock. But since I know my brother, it just makes me laugh. He's just a really funny guy with a sense of humor that is not always appreciated, unless you happen to be his sister--in which case, everything he does is pretty much hilarious with a capital H. Because I adore my brothers.

But really. Her smile....it is lighting up our world...and the world of all the cute old ladies at the grocery store, too, haha!

1 comment:

  1. I love her. I need to meet her in person. And those gummy smiles are the best thing on the planet. My Mia's smiles have become even more irresistible because of her two pearly whites on the bottom. Oh my gosh I love being a mama!!!

    ReplyDelete