Sunday, May 13, 2012

Minimize

I am LOVING this blog. 

and feeling inspired.  

We have too. much. stuff.

You should see my closet. Seriously. I have a closet plus a dresser plus two large rubbermaid totes at my parents house of clothes I don't even wear! And I cleaned out my closet last summer!

So today, I will be ruthless. Clean clean clean. Toss toss toss. (Actually I'll put it in a box and mail it to some cousins, the good stuff, anyway, and the rest I'll donate to our local secondhand shop). Goodbye closet. That's my goal.

And we have tons of stuff besides my closet. (You should see Isla's clothes!!! I have a problem! Send help!)

Stuff we don't need.
stuff that clutters our lives.

I am a packrat.

***

In other news:

I am blessed with a plethora of wonderful women in my life. So on Mother's Day, I'd just like to write a little bit about a few of them.

My own Mom--whom I can't imagine living without. Thanks for being just a phone call away, mama. And for not judging me when I call you 14 times in a row because I NEED TO TALK TO YOU about something stupid, probably, and I NEED TO DO IT RIGHT NOW and I NEED YOU TO ANSWER YOUR PHONE! AH!  haha. It happens. :)

My Grandma Sharleen--who is extraordinarily talented and inspires me to try harder to cultivate my own talents. And is also extremely brave and wonderful. And hilarious. :) I love you, Grandma.

My mother-in-law--who has such a good heart and who raised the best boy in the whole world and still likes me even though I moved him hours away from her. :)

My darling aunts. I stayed with each of them in the summer sometimes for a few weeks when I was younger, and I loved the wildness of my Aunt 's house-- full of 6 children and so much love. Good memories of those times and that cute little house! I also remember how I marveled (and still marvel!) at the patience, love, and kindness of my other aunt. She is unfailingly GOOD. They have taught me so much about motherhood, just by their examples. I was so young when my own mom had little ones, and seeing my Aunts with their little ones when I was older reminded me of  the things my own mother did. I'm sure they all learned it from their mama, who I so wish I knew! Wonderful women.

I'm also so very blessed with a teensy little girl who's chubby little arms reaching for me have brought me more joy and fulfillment than I thought possible. She makes me try harder to be a better person every single day. Being a mother has changed me in so many ways--all for the better. I'm so grateful. I know I still have a long ways to go to be as amazing as my many examples, but I'm working on it. Because she deserves that. And because I love her more than I knew something could be loved.

And finally--Ty. He's not a woman, but he gets a mention because--thanks, babe, for making me a mama. :) And for doing all the amazing things every day that you do that help me be a better person and mama. And for still loving me even when I'm not those things. I love you. I love you so, so much. More than I ever thought I could love someone. You and Isla are my whole world.


And to everyone I love and admire who isn't on this list--Happy Mother's day to you, too. :) It doesn't mean I don't love you and admire you. It just means I've got a closet to clean! Ruthlessly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment