Guys.
I'm chunky. UGH.
I drink too much coca cola and I eat too much of whatever I want. It was fine before I had a baby.
But...
babies do weird things to a body. Like make me chunky.
I'm ok with it. I don't look bad. but I don't look as good as I want to. I think that's a healthy attitude to have.
babies are totally worth it though.
Guess what?
I love carbs. I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love carbs.
me + carbs = true love 4-ever.
UGH. pasta bread tortillas everything carbs. love love love.
So here's the thing, though.
My mom is a total babe. Seriously.
And she loves living low carb even though she loves carbs too.
and so..
tomorrow.
I am entering low carb world.
Just for a week.
Because guys? I can eat all the salad with bacon and hard-boiled eggs that I want.
and I can even put CREAM in my coffee. CREAM.
and I did a lot of reading and I think this is a pretty good route for me to go.
I know me, and I know the only way I've ever lost weight before is to become very ill with stomach ulcers and stop eating. That was cool. No. It wasn't. But I liked being skinny. I didn't like the doctor telling me no more of anything I love though. Doctors. Psh.
And I also know me well enough to know that in order to do this, I need to...
a. see results fast (for motivation)
b. still eat a lot of what I want, including CREAM in my coffee. Guys, seriously, cream is so so yummy!!! And butter. Cream and butter boo-yah. I just bought a new Pioneer Woman cook book and everything in it is like "blah blah TONS OF CREAM. Blah blah blah TONS OF BUTTER!" So I can still cook out of it. I super love butter. (See? I won't feel deprived)
c. it has to be easy.
Tada. All three. Ready set go.
So.
wish me luck.
Really it's not so bad, and eventually you can eat everything again.
I think I can I think I can. Little engine that could. Right here.
Oh and coca cola is out. But I've been slowly weaning myself off of it for a while now, and I think I'm ready to take the plunge. Woot woot!
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So proud... Totally hear you on the cream and coffee bit though.
ReplyDeleteI think it's a Ward thing, I'd addicted to carbs as well... Carbs and simple sugars ^_^ Like baked cinnamon tortilla chips and fruit salsa!.... so bad and yet so good!
ReplyDeleteDude I am a carbaholic. No seriously. And I have had SO much luck with South Beach diet, which is like an amazing way to eat just because you quit carbs for two weeks but then gradually introduce the good ones back, like fruit and brown rice and stuff. Anyway I love LOVEhate the first two weeks because going carb free makes you lose weight like a crazy person!! So good luck! I am so happy for you really! PS I just started eating this way this week. So here's to us!
ReplyDeleteAlso I think you're simply beautiful. The end