Hola.
I took a brief blogging hiatus but I'm back.
Here's what's new in our lives:
*New house. Pics when it's unpacked, which is taking me forever. Everything takes more time when you spend most of your time cuddling a 9 month old who is growing up too fast.
*FIRES. They are so close that we have bad smoke every afternoon. And there is a public meeting about them tonight at the library. It's freaking me out, man. I'm going to the meeting. And I"m packing all my valuables back up. Good thing I've got all these boxes around. I think I'm being paranoid, but seriously, the other day the smoke was so thick and bad that streetlights were coming on at 3:30 in the afternoon. Ash was floating everywhere. Eep.
*Isla is 9 months old. Holy smokes. How did this go so fast?!
*I started this. And I've already booked 4 sessions, which I feel isn't too shabby for being in business all of 4 days. :) Website is still under construction, but it works for now!
But back to Isla.
This little munchkin is just too much fun and I can't even handle how adorable she is. She hit 9 months about a week ago. She is crawling like a crazy person--EVERYWHERE. She is totally fearless. Edge of the bed? No problem. Right off the table? Yes. (Well, I mean, if I put her there, which I don't). I was curling my hair the other morning and she tried to crawl right behind the toilet. She got stuck, thankfully, and I had to rescue her. Her new favorite thing is too sleep with her cheek pressed against the mattress and her butt sticking up in the air. I do not know how it is comfortable, but she will not sleep any other way.
She waves hello and goodbye, and sort of signs "eat". She definitely signs "finished" because we do that one all the time and it's a lot like waving. She says Mama and Dada and has, on occasion, when she's upset, said "Nonono!" Very forecefully, which cracks me up. We were at my parents house this past weekend, and my mom was holding her. I was in the other room and laughed at something my brother said. She heard me and started saying, "Mamamamamama!" :)
She pulls herself up to stand on EVERYTHING and cruises--around the couch, around the kitchen cupboards, around her crib. Even things that I think would be impossible. She's a ninja. She's also started letting go and trying to stand by herself. She balances for a second and then crashes, laughs, and does it again.
She's developed a very bad fear of loud noises and also hates grass, even soft grass. She's in total stranger danger mode and when she sees people that aren't me or Ty, she whines and looks at me like, "Save me, mom!" Haha :) Her expressions are the best and I basically am totally in love with her. She is a totally happy, content little rascal and babbles away and sometimes even sort of sings.
And here she is, being scared of grass and the cutest thing I've ever seen. :) Happy 9 months, baby. I loved you in my belly, but I'm so glad you're out. ;) Now that I've had an equal time of both things, I feel I can judge it fairly.
Her
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment