but not as much as you, you see...but I STILL love technology....always and forever....
My computer crashed. Like in....? February?
I was literally online shopping for external hard drives when it happened. LITERALLY. Evil computer. Like it knew!!!
There I was chilling out on Amazon...then I realized it was time to put the baby to bed, so I put the computer down on the coffee table and went to do the bath/rocking/feeding/read a story thing, and 45 minutes later I came back to a black screen of death.
I was so devastated. I had had a computer crash before, and in December of 2010 I had backed up everything--all my pictures, files, etc. on discs because I never wanted that to happen again.
But this was much worse, since I hadn't backed up any of Isla's baby pictures. So, so sad. I literally cried.
When we moved I found a memory card that had most of the baby pictures I thought I lost. I usually erase my memory cards so it was kind of miraculous. Much rejoicing ensued.
Today, I'm ordering pictures online. I want them here fast and my folks happen to be in the big city shopping for a new dishwasher, so I decided to go with Walgreens.
And when I logged into my walgreens account, guess what?
Baby pictures. Like the beautiful edited versions I thought I lost forever. Bada bing bada boom.
I am more prepared than I ever even thought.
I love technology. :)
PS Did you hear about the cute freebies I made? It's on my other site. I really like them and hope you do too. Go here.
Also, I have a weekend full of photo shoots, family, and fun. I couldn't be more thrilled!!! :)
Have a happy weekend blogosphere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I adore you and am SO happy that you quote my favorite song ever! Seriously. every time something goes awry, I sing that dumb song. Ah how I love you. PS sorry, a crashing computer is the worst worst worst. It gives me anxiety every day.
ReplyDelete